What Is The Steering Committee?
The Way Home (TWH) Continuum of Care (CoC) has a governing body and a number of sub-committees and working groups. The governing body for The Way Home is the Steering Committee and is representative of the geography and composition of the CoC. As the governing body, the steering committee is the lead decision-making body responsible for managing community planning, coordination and evaluation to ensure that the homeless response system rapidly ends people’s homelessness permanently. Representatives to the Steering Committee are chosen through an open and democratic process.
For Partner Agency Staff of The Way Home: Click the button below to sign-up for TWH monthly newsletter and stay-up to date on all things TWH CoC.
Steering Committee Members
- Chair – Tom McCasland, City of Houston Housing & Community Development Department
- Vice Chair – Barbie Brashear, Harris County Domestic Violence Coordinating Council
- Secretary – Don Titcombe, Rockwell Fund, Inc.
- Carol Borrego, Fort Bend County Community Development
- Daphne Lemelle, Harris County Community Services Department
- Dr. Joanne Ducharme, Montgomery County Community Development
- Horace Allison, Harris County Housing Authority
- Mark Thiele, Houston Housing Authority
- Melissa Quijano, City of Pasadena Community Development
- Dr. Sara McArthur, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
- Jennifer Herring, Harris County Sheriff’s Office
- Kelly Opot, Harris County Youth Collective
- Dr. Roberta Scott, Houston Independent School District
- Scott Rule, The Harris Center
- Tracey Burdine, Harris Health System
- Gregory Dread
- Nakia Sims
- Becky Landes, The Beacon
- Preston Witt, Harmony House